A painting process consists of two stages. In the first stage, the paint is applied, and in the second stage, a protective coat is added. Let X be the time spent on the first stage, and let Y be the time spent on the second stage. The first stage involves an inspection. If the paint fails the inspection, one must wait three minutes and apply the paint again. After a second application, there is no further inspection. The joint p.d.f. of X and Y is
a. Sketch the region where f (x, y) > 0. It is not exactly a rectangle.
b. Find the marginal p.d.f.’s of X and Y.
c. Show that X and Y are independent.
This problem does not contradict Theorem 3.5.6. In that theorem the conditions, including that the set where f (x, y) > 0 be rectangular, are sufficient but not necessary.
1) You can buy this solution for 0,5$.
2) The solution will be in 8 hours.
3) If you want the solution will be free for all following visitors.
4) The link for payment paypal.me/0,5usd
5) After payment, please report the number of the task to the firstname.lastname@example.org
New search. (Also 1294 free access solutions)
Use search in keywords. (words through a space in any order)